SYL Foundation is excited to announce a job opening! (Details below.)
Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: President
Salary: Part-time (Approx. 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday); Competitive salary.
About SYL Foundation
SYL Foundation is a not-for-profit public charity founded in 2008. By combining compassion and philanthropy with strategic grant making, SYL Foundation strives to advance quality health and education for all. Through its grant-making program, the Foundation addresses chronic inequities within the health and education systems by seeking and funding innovative programs targeting the most underserved populations.
Scope of Work
SYL Foundation is looking for an energetic self-starter with the ability to adapt to the needs of a young organization. The program coordinator will create and operate a new scholarship program and will work closely with the President to monitor existing grants. The program coordinator will also assist with communications activities to promote Foundation program objectives and increase awareness of the organization’s work.
- Identify specific areas of scholarship need, then create, launch, and operate a scholarship program that is consistent with the Foundation’s mission.
- Provide scholarship program updates to SYL Foundation board of directors.
- Attend site visits to observe and report on funded grant programs.
- Attend grant recipient events, which may occur during the evening or weekend.
- Assist with creation and update of communications materials such as newsletters, annual reports, brochures, website, and occasional items in connection with events.
- Maintain and update the Foundation’s social media.
NOTE: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of a specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Two years of relevant professional experience or equivalent.
- Scholarship management experience is preferred.
- Fluency (speaking and writing) in Mandarin Chinese is preferred.
- Knowledge of local philanthropic community is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Computer savvy and experience with WordPress and social media marking (Facebook and Twitter) preferred.
- Commitment to SYL Foundation’s mission and experience working with diverse and multi-ethnic populations.
- Position is located in Bellevue, WA, but Seattle-area site visits are required. No relocation available.
- Please email your resume and cover letter to <email@example.com>.
- Your cover letter should demonstrate how your experience and background relates to the responsibilities and qualifications.
- Position is open until filled.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Exempt.
SYL Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.