The term “Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR AMEND THE TERMS OF THE USER AGREEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR WEB SITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL MEAN YOU ACCEPT THOSE CHANGES.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We collect personally identifying data about you, such as your name, address and e-mail address, only when you provide it to us voluntarily. We do not share your personal data with any third parties other than service providers who use the information only to help us respond to your requests. We never rent or sell your personal data.
Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any changes. This policy is effective from September 5, 2009.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no data transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, you provide us with this data at your own risk.
Links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, be aware that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Website disclaimer and Limitation of Liability.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, or other destructive materials to our website, we do not guarantee or warrant that our website or materials that may be downloaded from our website are free from such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEB SITE.
This website and its contents are copyright of Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may copy or distribute the text materials contained in this website but only for personal, non-commercial use, provided that you include the following copyright notice on all copies: “© Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation, 2009. All rights reserved.”
The text materials contained in this website may not be modified or altered in any way. You may not copy or distribute any photograph, illustration, artwork or other graphic material contained on this website for any use without first obtaining the permission of the Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation. Except for the foregoing, you may not copy, distribute, enter into a database, display, perform, create derivative works of, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of our website, including computer programs and other coding. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The SHENG-YEN LU FOUNDATION name, our logo and any other trademarks on our website (“Our Trademarks”) are trademarks of Sheng-Yen Lu Foundation in the United States and other countries. You may not use Our Trademarks for any product or service that does not belong to us, nor in any manner that is likely to cause confusion about whether we are the source, affiliated with, sponsor of or endorser of any product or service. In addition, you may not use Our Trademarks in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
We reserve the right to terminate the website and this User Agreement at any time without notice for any reason, including, in the case of the User Agreement, for your violation of any of its provisions. The Limitation of Liability and Governing Law Sections of this User Agreement shall survive any such termination.
This User Agreement will be governed by the laws of Washington State, U.S.A. applicable to contracts made and performed there without regard to its conflicts of law principles. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the State and King County, Washington, U.S.A. and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
Should there be any discrepancies, differences, or variations between the English and Chinese version of this User Agreement, the English version controls.